2017 Rally on Friday - thanks, comments and photographs

Come on in for general chat and POLITE banter between LAA members

Moderators: John Dean, Moderator

2017 Rally on Friday - thanks, comments and photographs

Postby simonb6 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:34 pm

What a lovely day - sunshine and lots of aircraft - what more can you want?

In fact, the weather was so nice that I woke up with mild sunstroke on Saturday morning, so set off home to Scotland, rather than spending another day at Sywell.

It may have been the weather, but an already happy and cheerful event reached new heights of friendliness! Everybody involved - ground crew, pilots and enthusiasts - was having a great time.

I was pootling around the site on my mobility scooter, photographing many of the aircraft, and it was so nice that folk would stop and chat as I moved around :-)

At one point I got a bit too close to an aircraft taxiing in - I think it was Alpi Pioneer G-CETX. I was obviously causing the marshaller some concern - my apologies to both the marshaller and the pilot. I will be more aware next time.

I'm saddened that there was a small number of "enthusiasts" who chose to ignore the tape barrier preventing access to the hangar area - a barrier put in place because of the inexcusable behaviour of a small number of "enthusiasts" last year. It's like football supporters - 99.99% suffer from the behaviour of the other 0.01%.

So - I took far too many pictures on Friday - I'm still working through them and uploading them to Flickr - so far I've uploaded 96 and have 400 to go!

They are in a dedicated album at:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/133813370 ... 6129264383

Please keep coming back for more - it pushes up my views count :-)

To everybody involved - thanks for a great day out. Here's to three days of perfect weather in 2018.

Simon Brooke
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:21 pm
Location: Dunfermline, Scotland

Re: 2017 Rally on Friday - thanks, comments and photographs

Postby Chris Martyr » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:05 pm

Hey Simon,
Great photos there mate and fantastic clarity ! Thanks for sending them in .
I've only just got back from the Middle-East but would've loved to have been at Sywell.

[and you reckon you got sun-stroke..?.. :D ]
User avatar
Chris Martyr
Posts: 390
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:58 am
Location: Horsted Keynes Sussex

Re: 2017 Rally on Friday - thanks, comments and photographs

Postby ChampChump » Tue Sep 05, 2017 11:16 pm

Superb photographs, Simon. Thanks for posting the link.
Nic Orchard
User avatar
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2008 1:12 am
Location: Hellfire Corner

Return to Hangar Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 12 guests